Thursday, October 23, 2008

The peas have left the pod

Moses was neutered today...poor guy. The vet said he didn't feel a thing. I dropped him off at 7:30 this morning and picked him up at 4pm. He seemed to be in good spirits despite all the drugs they had given him. I'm happy we decided to neuter him early as I've read it's much more painful the old they get and seeing as how we had no intentions of breeding him...why not do it while he's still young. I was concerned about his development as I've read conflicting articles regarding castration stunting a dogs growth. However nothing scientific only speculation. I trust our vet and think it was the best decision for our Momo. We were told that the healing processes it as little as a week and we should try and keep him quite for 2-3 days. They also gave us a cone to put around his head in case of excessive licking. Let's hope it doesn't come to that!





No comments: