Sunday, July 27, 2008

Some People

I should have known, I really should have. When you have breed like a bullie, dane, mastiff or rottie people are bound to comment. Well it happen to us today! We were at our usual hangout...Bruce's Pit and some ignorant lady says to me "you know those dogs are banned in Ontario." I say "actually their not, you must be thinking of pit bulls." She say "yes and so are these dogs". I say "no I got him from a registered CKC breeder in Ontario". She says " I don't care where you got him, he needs to be leashed and muzzled." At that point I had to walk away, she's uneducated and misinformed, clearly a waste of my time. When I got home I did a little research of my own, just in case this situation occurred again I could have my facts straight.

Is my dog a pit bull?

Under the amendments to DOLA, pit bull is defined as:

  • A pit bull terrier (NO he is not)
  • A Staffordshire bull terrier (NO he is not)
  • An American Staffordshire terrier (NO he is not)
  • An American pit bull terrier (NO he is not)
  • A dog that has an appearance and physical characteristics substantially similar to any of those dogs. (NO he does not)


Have a look for yourself...bullies are A-ok!!!!

http://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/about/pubs/dola-pubsfty/dola-pubsfty.asp



On a happy note, we spent the day over at Fai's place where my dad and some other family members got to play with little Mosie (yeah, that's his new nickname)









No comments: